Part time Project Manager
Dominicans for Justice and Peace is looking for an experienced Project Manager for an initial period of 1 year, renewable. The Project Manager will explore funding opportunities and will take the lead in developing, writing and following up project proposals based on donor requirements and in line with the strategy of the Association. The Project Manager will work in close collaboration with the Director and the Program Coordinator and reports to the Director.
About Dominicans for Justice and Peace
Dominicans for Justice and Peace is a faith based non-profit NGO representing the Order of Preachers (Catholic religious Order) at the United Nations (UN). It is dedicated to the promotion of justice and peace in the world and to protection of human rights for all. Through its advocacy and training programs, Dominicans for Justice and Peace aims at liaising with members of the Dominican family worldwide, encouraging them and increasing their capacities to advocate at the international level for the promotion and protection of human rights.
- Design projects, together with the Program Coordinator and the Director, and elaborate a fundraising strategy;
- Identify potential donors and cultivate relationships with them;
- Elaborate project funding requests as per the requirement of donors;
- Monitor and report on the progress during and after the project;
- Manage accounting for projects.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Minimum level of study: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Proven record in the work of fundraising and project management;
- Excellent written and spoken English. Advanced in Spanish and French language;
- Good understanding of international human rights frameworks and of human rights advocacy;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Budget and financial management skills.
Desired experience and personal qualities:
- Experience in budgeting and financial reporting;
- Experience with Catholic or faith-based fundraising would be an asset;
- Enthusiastic, creative and open-minded;
- Resilient, flexible and autonomous;
- Comfortable in interpersonal and multicultural relationships;
How to apply
Application for the position should be sent (by email only) to Ms Laurence Blattmer at email@example.com. Please mention in the subject of the message “Project Manager job advertisement”. Please send:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A 1-page covering letter (in English) motivating your application
- Example of one project proposal and one project report that you have produced
- Up to 3 references, including the contact details of the referees
- Confirmation of a Swiss work permit